Postdoctoral Appointees - Simulation and Systems Thrust
Argonne seeks multiple postdoctoral candidates to participate in projects that model the behavior of multiqubit systems, develop quantum algorithms for materials simulations, perform quantum network simulations, and develop quantum network protocols. Postdoctoral appointees will have a unique opportunity to become part of Argonne’s Quantum Information Science Strategic Initiative in the simulation and systems thrust and collaborate with Q-NEXT scientists. The lab is targeting exceptional recent or expected PhD degree recipients in a computational or engineering discipline or in physics. The lab is seeking candidates with knowledge of computing and experience in one or more of the following:
- Simulation of open quantum systems, noise characterization, or quantum error correction;
- Development of variational quantum algorithms with applications in quantum chemistry;
- Simulations of quantum networks or development of quantum network protocols;
- Optimization of quantum algorithms and quantum programming (e.g., using Qiskit);
- High-performance computing or scientific computing;
- Large-scale code development in C, C++, Python, or Go.
Candidates can apply at https://bit.ly/34beW6M. Positions are available with start dates in 2021, and U.S. citizenship or permanent residency is not required. Please contact Martin Suchara (firstname.lastname@example.org) with any questions.